Happy Love! If you’re in need of a quick and easy Valentine’s Day chocolate fix, I’ve got just the thing.
These dark chocolate muffins come together in no time flat, and they also happen to be gluten-free and paleo-friendy. They’re similar to my pumpkin pie muffins, so feel free to use pumpkin in place of the applesauce. I’ve been using a darker cocoa powder lately and am obsessed with it, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand. These are great with peanut butter on top, but they’re also lovely eaten with plain yogurt for a weird-is-good snack. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with mini liners or grease with coconut oil or coconut oil spray.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until well mixed. Fold in chips. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake until set, about 15 – 20 minutes.
makes 12 regular or 24 mini-muffins
What’s your favorite chocolate recipe?