Happy New Year! I don’t know about you, but when thinking about my intentions for 2023, I needed a lot of time to reflect on 2022 first.
2022 was a big and intense year for me. In my professional life, the biggest highlight is that I launched my second book, The Farewell Tour: A Caregiver’s Guide To Stress Management, Sane Nutrition, and Better Sleep. I have been so heartened by the responses from people sharing how much this book has helped them.
In my personal life, there was a lot going on behind the scenes. I’ve been pretty open about the fact that while there were lots of good things (spending another year with my wonderful husband, moving into our new house, finally getting a handle on some physical health issues) there were some very low points too. The lowest was having a miscarriage in November and navigating all the physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges around that.
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: it’s important to remember that what we see on social media is just a small piece of the picture. Be gentle with yourself and others. As I shared in this podcast episode, don’t compare yourself to what you see on social media.
I’ve been thinking a lot about this Rumi quote: “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
I’m curious to see what I’ll say about this period in my life when it’s in the past, what I’ll feel I learned. As we get ready to close out this year, I’m celebrating the good but also taking my own advice and giving myself time and space to process the challenges, to trust my intuition and the universe to show me what I need to know at the right time.
And if you need this reminder: don’t rush the 2023 goal-setting if you’re still not feeling it. I really like the approach of taking things one quarter at a time when the idea of planning out an entire year feels overwhelming.
Speaking of quarters, as I do every quarter, today I’m sharing a look back at publications, podcast episodes, and media appearances from the previous quarter. Q4 of 2022 was a juicy one, with lots of fun book promo. I’m so grateful to everyone who made time to connect with me to discuss the project and share on their platforms. I’ve also been blown away by the responses from people sharing how much the book has helped them. It’s truly an honor to be able to support you on your journey.
2022 Q4 Media
- mbg podcast: Emotional cravings, end of life care, and what to eat when you’re stressed
- These Are The Best Foods To Eat When You’re Stressed, Says A Dietitian
- A Food Science Expert Shares Avocado Hacks For Reducing Food Waste
- Meet The Healthcare Providers Helping Women Thrive During Menopause
- A Psychiatrist Shares Tips For Dealing With Career Milestone FOMO
- How The Fish Fixe Founders Are Helping Americans Eat More Seafood
- The Habits That Help Lifeway Foods CEO Julie Smolyansky Stay Well Through Her Workday
- 5 Benefits of Tomatoes You Can Score From Your Favorite Sauces, Salads, And Soups
- Should You Take Nutrition Advice From A Personal Trainer?
Camera Ready & Abel Podcast
WCBS880 with Pat Farnack
WGRT’s LIMElight with Jessie podcast
The Next Steps Forward Podcast with Chris Meek
Angel Quest Radio Show
- Jessica Cording, Author of The Farewell Tour:A Caregiver’s Guide To Stress Management, Sane Nutrition, and Better Sleep
Other Media Appearances
- Refined vs Unrefined Coconut Oil
- The Fiber Supplement Dietitians and Chefs Love Adding to Daily Meals
- The 8 Healthiest Types of Alcohol, According to Dietitians
- 16 High-Protein Breakfasts To Start Your Day Right
- Starbucks Holiday Drinks Are Out Today—We Rank Them From Most to Least Healthy
- What is the Galveston Diet? Experts Break It Down.
- The FDA is Revising Its Definition of “Healthy” Foods
- What are Digestive Enzymes and Do You Need Them?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.