Clearly, that’s not happening.
After reviewing how I did on my 2013 resolutions, one thing that stuck out to me was the fact that I did not take my own advice about measurable goals. I talked about meditation and mindfulness, but did I outline any kind of plan for myself like, “I am going to meditate for this many minutes this many times per week?” Nope. I said, “Get outside more,” but I didn’t get any more specific than that. Hardly a recipe for success.
So, with that in mind, I have come up with a few 2014 resolutions for myself:
- Go to one networking or other professional event per month—I actually started this back in September and have stuck to it so far.
- Practice yoga twice per week.
- Catch up with friends over drinks or a meal at least once a month.
- If he deserves to have a drink thrown in his face, throw the drink…and then make a quick exit.
I also have some other goals in the financial/business realm that aren’t as easy to summarize in bullet points, but I’ll say that I’m planning to make Quickbooks one of my new best friends this year. I also am going to need to clock some serious coffee-shop hours for a writing project, but looking forward to that. Haha maybe I can at least turn that last one into a bullet point:
- Work in a coffee shop at least once per week
What are some of your goals for the new year?